Saturday, January 20, 2007

Customer Service

Today we were faced by the two extremes of customer service...

Lately, I got myself addicted to More Cafe, since their food is so tasty, however their service is crap, due to shortage in staff!!! Although, they claim that they are working on improving it, as it is the only dine in restaurant that has 1000 guests on a daily basis in Dubai!!!










However, on the other hand, we wanted to pray maghreb, so the nearest place was Murooj Rotana Hotel, therefore, we stepped into the Hotel, as I thought all Rotana hotels, had a prayer room, as I have tried one of their other Hotels previously, yet, at this one, there was no prayer room, thus, they provided us with a key to one of the hotel rooms, for us to pray, we were surprised by such hospitality.





My friends always make fun of me, because I take customer service seriously, but when you are used to a level of customer service in Dubai in most places, then you set your expectations high, and therefore can't accept anything lower than that in any other place.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i want to comment on the Place to pray part.. I really face this problem.. here in amman it s rarely to find a place where there is a place to pray.. especially for us girls.. i always manage to have my dine outs after maghreb or during the time between prayers which is so short time..

I love la mirabelle cafe, but the fact of having no place for praying annoys me! i can't spend much time there..

"لا بارك الله في عمل يلهي عن الصلاة"
it s nice you have places to pray :)

The Mo said...

el 7amdillah, I faced the thing in Jordan a lot, as the mosques are very rare in comparison to here in UAE where they are numerous el 7amdillALLAH...

However, I tell you about an incident in Jordan, I was at an italian restaurant in Abdoon Circle, I forgot its name, it so famous, I asked them if I could pray, therefore, I went to the second floor & prayed with the Chef :D

As for girls, yes it is harder, thats why as you said, have to plan your outings after maghreb, so that later you can pray isha at home for instance :)